2014 m. spalio 26 d., sekmadienis

David Copperfield

A month ago I went to a library as usual and unexpectedly I got this book in my hands. The writer, as you know, is Charles Dickens. I had a pleasure reading one or two of his books in the past and I was happy, when I started the mentioned one.
The book was easy going. English writers are way easier than Russian writers. The latter are quite heavy and depressing, however English ones are more delightful and just a little bit mystic (which I like, of course).
The book was long, about 800 page. It was about a man, starting as a boy and his life. I have this idea (and I heard it in the documentary I watched about Dickens), that this book is a lot like his life. His misfortune, while he was a child, when his father was arrested for his dues and he had to work disgusting jobs to pay his bills (while being a child). Well, there was quite a bit of that. And that his wife in real life died young (first one), which also happened on this book. Eventually you have to read it yourself, I am not sure if I can reveal everything here.

I also think that a writer or a painter cannot make an artwork without putting something from themselves. Hence that just could be it about this book, or maybe as some people suggest, it's autobiographical...

Komentarų nėra:

Rašyti komentarą