2012 m. liepos 5 d., ketvirtadienis

The distinction between Russian and English culture

Well, I am very interested into classical literature. I am more into Russian literature though. So, now I am reading both in one time. And i cannot pretend I don't see any difference. I maybe would be admiring English classical literature more, because there were more women writing books. I believe that there were no women writing books in Russia for a long time unfortunately. I also can see that the respet for women isn't properly showed in Russian literature. They are seen as the background set. I am talking about XIX century more. But English classical literature is written for dumb aristocrats. Those books sometimes really make me laugh. When I read them in Lithuanian, I do not see such an acute distinction. Now I am reading "Pride and Prejudice". I've seen a movie before, which was quite good. But the book needs something. It makes me laugh sometimes. When I was reading "Emma" in English too, I've laughed too. But the present book I am reading would be a tragedy for a Russian person I believe so. They seem so polite and weak. They get cold after the short walk in the rain. They also cannot get out of their current place, if it is rainning outside. Doesn't even matter if they own a carriage. I am not even talking about the little inche of snow.
But Russian literature is more realistic. They work a lot, they swear a lot, but they also are very clever. Rain won't stop the Russian person. I am not talking about the snow. Living in Russia, you do have to get used to it. And the aristocrates are often showed as simple people just with a title. Russian authors often analyse the faith, hope and other deeper virtues, which I would like to find in English literature.
English people look so hypocrite to me even nowadays (I am sorry). Russian people will always show you their true beliefs, emotions and ambitions.
Of course, I should say that Lithuanian people are the best. I don't even think that one nation has more advantages than the over. We all have our flaws I'd say. Also, one person shouldn't be judged by his nationality. But it is as it is. I wouldn't really like to live in England. I would get tired of all the synthetic smiles. But I wouldn't like to live in Russia either. The land of snow and alcohol. Even though, I am willing to visit Moscow one day and to learn Russian language at last.
If I would have to choose where to live, I would maybe choose Italy, France, Spain, America or Latin America... Or Philipines maybe. My boyfriend could work as a masseur in an expensive hotel.

Komentarų nėra:

Rašyti komentarą