2014 m. rugpjūčio 29 d., penktadienis

Sophie's Choice

I rarely read any kind of novels, I am more into the books that can provide me with some information, except Russian novels. But, when I went to the library, I got my eyes on this book, it is called "Sophie's Choice". the author is William Styron.
I kind of liked it at the first glance. I liked the style in which this author wrote the book. It is free, very sophisticated and very easy to read at some point. However, the book itself is heavy, meaning, that it's about holocaust and World War 2. It's always a very sensitive trigger for me personally. This lady, Sophie, is from Poland, her name indeed is Zose. She has been in a work cam and almost died there. Now she is in USA, escaping from the memories in her head. There is a lot of information about the war indeed. It is written by American author and his point of view about the war is a little bit different. They did not actually saw that much like Europe did and he admits it. So I am very into this book, almost finished, therefore I thought I'd recommend it to you. But no for the sensitive ones. I felt almost like puking at a times I read it myself...


Komentarų nėra:

Rašyti komentarą