2013 m. liepos 2 d., antradienis

Why do you still believe?

My sisters is a huge believer in all the bible stuff, I know quite many people, who still does the same. I just can't understand how can you believe in something what humiliates you?
I had a question in my head for about a year or more - why women are associated with devil? As you may noticed, in the pictures, paintings etc. women are portrayed as a devil: they are kissing with devil, they are devil themselves, the nuns are whores, the whores are saints. It's endless. It makes me mad, I hate this image. Considering the fact that woman can bear a child, she is a some kind of miracle. I could only thing, that men are more likely to be devils, considering that they made so many wars and killed so many innocent women and children. I can only think that this is just because women give a birth to all men, who are evil.
So, yesterday I found an article. I took some of the qoutes, which made me even more mad and I will put them here:
Women in every congregation still hear such phrases as 'God our father', 'sons of God', 'men of God', and 'the brotherhood of man.

The victimization of women in Christian tradition is a major stumbling block for feminists. Blaming the victim, they argue, is inevitably self-defeating. It allows people to point the finger at individuals rather than at social systems. Sin and evil are thus personalized and defused. 

'I permit no woman to teach or to have authority over men; she is to keep silent' I Timothy 2:12. 

I have something to say about that: men wrote the bible, men knew that women were weaker physically and in those times that was importaint, men somehow are jealous of women, because they can create miracles, they don't need to search for the meaning, because they can create or have it easier.
There is one question in my head: how can women still believe in this, still pray for this? This vicious cycle is repeating from time to time, no religion care about women, why do you keep believing? There was one story, when a woman, who believes and follows all the orders written in bible, talks how her husband keeps beating her (consider the fact, that women are evil) and she keeps forgeting him, because it's written in bible. Also, there are doubtful statements where women are considered to be the property of men. This is just hilarious, who even gave birth to you, you stupid man? Wasn't that a woman, legally you should be her property.
Anyway, this subject matter makes me sick. You have to live in the world, where you cannot respect your mother, wife, sister etc. properly. That makes me sad, considering the fact that most of women I know are more smarter, more faithful and better in almost all the ways than men.

Komentarų nėra:

Rašyti komentarą